F2

Latest version: 2.2 (updated on 2013-02-12)

F2 is a clean looking responsive theme for WordPress released for free under the GPL. F2 Version 2.0 is completelely rebuilt based on the _s theme.

F2 responsive

Main Features

• Responsive. This means certain elements of the site gets rearraged and/or resized so that the layout nicely fits the screen the site is viewed in. The site looks good whether you are looking at it from a mobile phone or a tablet device or a widescreen monitor.
  • Four color schemes:
    • Blue (default)
    • Brown
    • Green
    • Dark
  • Four different layouts to choose from:
    • content – sidebar (default)
    • sidebar – content
    • sidebar – content – sidebar
    • content only (no sidebar)
  • More customization possible from the ‘Theme Options’ admin page and also from the WP ‘Theme Customizer’.
  • Compatible with WordPress version 3.4 and above. Tested upto 3.5-beta-3.
  • HTML5 and CSS3.
  • Tested and works well in all major browsers. IE 7 and up, and the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
  • Translation ready.

Download

Latest Version: 2.2
Requires: WordPress 3.4 or above

Download F2 from the WordPress theme directory

The latest version can also be downloaded from GitHub.

Please Note: Version 2.0 is a massive update. If you are using an older version of the theme, mind that you will have to redefine all your customizations when you upgrade, this is the case even if you are using a child theme. If you have too many customizations, you may want to stick with the older version.

Installation instructions and more details in the README.md file that’s packed along with the theme. Refer changelog.txt for changes between versions.

Feedback and support

You can write rate and review the theme, or if you have any issue post a note at the WordPress support forums.

If you like this theme, please make a donation and support development.

Translation credits

Code Language Translator
be_BY Belorussian Marcis G.
bg_BG Bulgarian Vladimir Borisov
da_DK Danish Per Lundbech
de_DE German Stephan Jaschke
fa_IR Persian Ghiasabadi R. M.
fo_FO Faroese Hjalti á Lava
fr_FR French Etienne
hi_IN Hindi Ashish Jha
id_ID Indonesian Masino Sinaga
it_IT Italian Gianni Diurno (aka gidibao)
ja Japanese Mako
lt_LT Lithuanian Tomas Šiurna
nb_NO Norwegian (Bokmål) Eilif Nordseth, Eivind Ødegård
nl_NL Dutch R. Helmes
nn_NO Norwegian (Nynorsk) Eivind Ødegård
pl_PL Polish Super Grey
pt_BR Portugese Pedro Padron
ru_RU Russian Mihail Pomaskin
ta Tamil Ravi
tr_TR Turkish Caner Güral
uk_UA Ukrainian Oleg Tsvirko
zh_CN Chinese Awu
zh_TW Traditional Chinese Mingyao Chuang

272 Comments

1. Srini, I’m fairly new to WordPress, but I really appreciate the effort you’ve put into F2! One key item I’m having trouble figuring out is:

Many themes I tried early on allowed a Class attribute in the IMG tag in posts to float a image right or left, effectively wrapping the text around the inline image. I’ve been digging through the CSS on some of those other themes and experiementing with adding that feature to F2, but haven’t managed to get anywhere with that. Any chance you could give me some pointers on that?

Also, how can I control (increase) the linespacing for widget-generated text that’s presented in the sidebar?

• The header image is in the background, you can’t “float” the text around it. If you want to move it to the right.
      * Edit functions.php.
      * Find the line — $style[‘#header’][‘background-image’] = “url(‘{$header_img_url}’)”;
      * Add this below it — $style[‘#header’][‘background-position’] = “right”;

• * Edit header.php
      * Find the line that contains get_settings(‘home’)
      * Remove it (From [li] to [/li]

2. I am trying to get the dutch translation to work. However for this theme I cannot get it to work. I see that the translation is in the correct directory. Any clue how to get it working?
    Thanks,

3. Can i add more than one picture to the header background? If so how? And I can’t seem to get any photo to fill the entire header area.

thanks

4. Hi Srini,

Thanks for creating a great theme. I have added a header in the options settings. Now I would like to add another image (like my photo) on the left side of the header and maybe another image in the middle of the banner. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks, Joe.

5. Hi again,

I forgot to ask also that I’d like to add a search form on the right side of the header. Can this be done and if so, what’s the coding?

Thanks again, Joe.

6. Awesome theme. I found your original Fluid Blue, and really liked the aesthetics. The only problem I had is that I _really_ wanted 3 columns. I was gonna hack FB into it, but then I found F2 – much easier. As a note F2 doesn’t show as having the left-sidebar or three-column tags ( on wordpress directory).

Additionally, I hacked in support for WP3.0+ menu system. Diff, if you’re interested. Not a perfect hack (has some known issues), but it gets the job done.

Thanks again!
    Jon (Snowulf.com – F2 in use!)

7. Hello and thanks for alle the work put into f2. I came to it via fluid blue, which also has the drop down menus I need.

One thing: pictures retain their original size, when posted, even if sizes are set in html.
    edit
    Why, please?

8. I’d like to hide or eliminate the right side bar on the home page…the current content..
    Blogroll and Meta…and all under. Similar to the other pages. I wish to provide space for adsense. Thanks, Jim

Comments are closed.