Subscribe / Connect / Follow widget for WordPress displays image links (icon buttons) to various subscription services and social networking sites in the blog’s sidebar (or in any widget holder).
Features and notes
- Upto 40 services supported
- The widget can display upto 5 links at a time, though this number can be extended easily (see below).
- Output format for the links can be one of these five:
- 32px images (default)
- 24px images
- 16px images
- text links with image
- text links
- Other widget options include
- Widget title
- Option to select an alignment for images
- Option to open the links in new window
- Multiple instances of the widget can be had at the same time
- Uses WP_Widget class
Released for free under the GPL.
- Unzip subscribe-connect-follow-widget.zip and upload
subscribe-connect-follow-widgetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to ‘Appearance -> Widgets’ menu in WP admin, select the ‘Subscribe / Connect / Follow’ widget and place it in your sidebar (or any widget holder), and choose your options.
Supported services and social sites
- Blogger Blog
- Feedburner Email Subscription
- Feedburner Feed
- Google Profile
- Google Plus
- Picasa Web Albums
- RSS Feed
- RSS Feed for Posts
- RSS Feed for Comments
- WordPress.org Profiles
- WordPress.com Blog
Number of output items: The widget can output upto 5 different links at the same time. However, this number can be easily increased. Just change the value of the variable
subscribe-connect-follow-widget.php, line 21 (as in version 0.5.5) to any number you want.
- The plugin uses Social Media Icons from IconDock.
- Diaspora icons by CreativeKaizen.
- Goodreads icons by Paul Robert Lloyd.
Please post your feedback at the WP support forum. All feedback, suggestions, bug reports, etc., welcome.