Flexi Pages Widget is a highly configurable widget to list pages and sub-pages in WordPress sidebar. User friendly widget control comes with plenty of options. ‘Flexi Pages’ widget can be used as an alternative to the default WordPress ‘Pages’ widget.
- Option to display sub-pages only in parent page and related pages.
- Option to easily select and exclude certain pages from getting displayed in the list. Alternatively, only certain pages can be displayed by using the ‘include’ option.
- Option to include a link to the home page.
- Other options include title, sort column/order, hierarchical/flat format, show date, show as dropdown.
- Multiple instances of the widget — unlimited instances of the widget can be added to the sidebar
- Instead of using the widget, the function
flexipages()can be called from anywhere in the template. The list of parameters that can be passed on to this function.
- Widget options menu is internationalized.
Latest version: 1.6.12
Requires atleast WordPress version 2.7. Tested upto WordPress 3.6-beta3
The plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress plugin repository.
Earlier versions of the plugin can be downloaded here.
You are free to use the plugin under terms specified by GPL.
Please make a donation and support development. Any amount accepted with thanks.
- Unzip the compressed file and upload ‘flexi-pages.php’ file (or ‘flexi-pages’ directory) directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin ‘Flexi Pages Widget’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin
- Go to WP Admin » Appearance » Widgets, add the ‘Flexi Pages’ widget into the sidebar and choose your options
- Multiple instances of the widget can be added to the sidebar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Versions 1.5.5 and above support localization. The localization template file (flexipages.pot) can be found in the ‘languages’ folder of the plugin. The resulting PO and MO files should go in the ‘flexi-pages-widget/languages/’ directory, and should be named in the format `flexipages-xx_YY.po` and `flexipages-xx_YY.mo` files respectively. Where xx refers to the language code and YY to the locale. For example, the German translation files will have the name `flexipages-de_DE.po` and `flexipages-de_DE.mo`. This xx_YY should be the same as the value you define for WPLANG in wp-config.php.
An application like poEdit can be used to translate the plugin, or just translate the strings in the flexipages.pot file and send it to the plugin author. All translations sent to the author will be bundled with the next version of the plugin.
As of the latest version, Flexi Pages Widget is translated into the following languages:
- Bulgarian (
bg_BG) by Team Ajoft
- Belorussian (
be_BY) by Alexander Ovsov
- Catalan (
ca) by Robert Buj Gelonch
- Czech (
cs_CZ) by Tomáš Hubka
- Danish (
da_DK) by Morten Elm
- German (
de_DE) by Frank W. Hempel
- Filipino (
fil_PH) by Morten Elm
- French (
fr_FR) by Pierre Sudarovich
- Irish (
ga_IE) by Ajeet
- Hindi (
hi_IN) by Ashish Jha, Outshine Solutions
- Bahasa Indonesia (
id_ID) by Bejana
- Italian (
it_IT) by Gianni Diurno
- Lithuanian (
lt_LT) by Nata Strazda
- Norwegian Bokmål (`nb_NO) by Tore Johnny Bråtveit
- Dutch (
nl_NL) by Rene
- Polish (
pl_PL) by Mariusz Jackiewicz
- Brazilian Portugese (
pt_BR) by Tzor More
- Romanian (
ro_RO) by Michail Bogdanov
- Russian (
ru_RU) by Fat Cow
- Serbian (
sr_RS) by Mike Arias
- Swedish (
sv_SE) by Ove Kaufeldt
- Turkish (
tr_TR) by Hakan Demiray
- Ukrainian (
uk_UA) by wpp.pp.ua
- Chinese (
zh_CN) by Kaijia Feng
- Added localization in Filipino and Danish languages.
- Minor fixes.
- Added localization in Serbian, Bulgarian, Belorussian, Chinese and Irish languages.
- Minor fixes.
2011-08-30: Version 1.6.10
- ‘Go’ button for the dropdown display is removed. Selecting a page automatically takes the user to the page.
- Added localization in Bahasa Indonesia and Lithuanian language.
- Minor fixes.
2011-06-17: Version 1.6.6
- Hindi localization added.
2011-06-14: Version 1.6.5
- Localization in Romanian language added.
2011-06-09: Version 1.6.4
- Localization in Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Polish languages added./li>
2010-04-09: Version 1.6.3
- Localization in Italian language added.
2010-03-02: Version 1.6.2
- Localization in French language added.
2010-01-30: Version 1.6.1
- Fixed the include/hierarchy issue
- ‘current_page_ancestor’ and ‘current_page_parent’ classes shown.
2010-01-09: Version 1.6
- New feature to show the items in the widget as dropdown.
- Core functions have been rewritten with a better logic (functionalities remain the same).
- Localization in Catalan and Dutch languages added.
2009-11-03: Version 1.5.10
- Minor fix (closing quote for ‘exinclude-values’ in line 408)
2009-10-01: Version 1.5.9
- Localization in Brazilian Portugese, Swedish and Turkish languages added.
2009-09-22: Version 1.5.7
- Ukrainian localization added
- Support for user defined widget arguments before_pagelist and after_pagelist
2009-09-14: Version 1.5.6
- German localization added.
2009-09-10: Version 1.5.5
- Support for localization added. Russian localization included.
- Roll back to `wp_list_pages()` function. Because `wp_page_menu()` seems not to work properly in some themes.
2009-08-03: Version 1.5.3
- Bug fix: Fixed the behaviour where the list won’t appear in the posts page if it’s chosen as a sub page (front page as static page)
2009-06-30: Version 1.5.2
- Bug fix (thanks to John J. Camilleri for the notification). Must upgrade.
2009-04-18: Version 1.5.1
- Bug fix. Title now doesn’t show when there is no items in the list.
- Frequently asked queries about private pages and password protected pages answered in FAQ.
2009-04-07: Version 1.5
- Unlimited instances of the Flexi Pages Widget can be added to the sidebar.
- New option to show date. This option, when selected displays creation or last modified date next to each page.
- The widgets options gets an overhaul. The list of options in the widget control page as of version 1.5.
- Sort column and sort order
- Exclude/Include a list of pages
- Show subpages (or list only top level pages). Show all subpages or only related subpages.
- List the pages in hierarchical or flat format. If hierarchical, choose depth.
- Show link to the home page
- Show date, and choose date format.
- The plugin references
wp_page_menu()function instead of
wp_list_pages(). Consequently, version 1.5 will work only with WordPress versions 2.7 and above.
2008-05-21: Version 1.4.1
- Bug fixes (issues regarding include/exclude sub-pages only with ‘List sub-pages only in parent and related pages in hierarchy’ option.)
2008-04-06: Version 1.4
- Fixed the odd behaviour when the widget is placed below the recent posts widget.
- Removed the redundant check box for home page link in widget controls
- Tested with WordPress 2.5; widget control box styling compatible with WP 2.5
2008-02-19: Version 1.3
- Multiple instances of the widget
- Added ‘Include pages’ option
- Other minor improvements
2007-08-31: Version 1.2
- Added option to provide a custom text for the home page link
- Custom depth of ‘-3′ will display only parents, siblings and children along with top level pages. Parents’ siblings wont be displayed.
- Few other improvements and some optimization.
- Tested with WordPress 2.3-beta1.
2007-08-22: Version 1.1.2
- Fixed the missing
</li>tag for home link
- Added class name (page_item, current_page_item) for home link
2007-08-17: Version 1.1.1
- bug fix
- tested with WordPress 2.2.2
2007-08-12: Version 1.1
- bug fix
2007-08-08: Version 1.0
- Initial release