Support for localization was added in version 1.1 of the Quotes Collection plugin. As of the latest version (1.2.6; updated on 2009-04-14) the plugin has been translated into 18 languages.
If you don’t see your language above, please translate the plugin into your language and send me the file. Contact me if you need help.
The Flexi Pages Widget plugin for WordPress has been updated to version 1.5.
Changes / Notes
- Unlimited instances of the Flexi Pages Widget can be added to the sidebar.
- New option to show date. This option, when selected displays creation or last modified date next to each page.
- Widget controls overhauled. (see screenshot below)
- The plugin references wp_page_menu() function instead of wp_list_pages(). Consequently, version 1.5 will work only with WordPress versions 2.7 and above.
- All parameters that can be passed on to wp_page_menu() and wp_list_pages() can be passed into the flexipages() template function.
The Flexi Pages Widget plugin can be downloaded from the plugin page or from the WordPress plugin repository.
The Plainscape theme for WordPress has been updated to version 1.0.1.
Changes and notes:
- There was a bug in comments.php file that caused problems when user login required to comment. This issue is fixed now. Thanks to users who reported the problem and to those who pinpointed the exact problem.
- Many users have asked for the possibility of a header image (or a background image for the header). Reinhold has a pretty good solution for this — here. Alternatively in 1.0.1, you can upload the header image as header.jpg and uncomment the lines 121, 122 in style.css. Header image with dimensions
120 x 960 pixels 120 x 920 pixels work best. An options page with provision to upload a header image is possible, but that will be for a future version.
- The RSS icon now weighs lighter! Thanks to Lesha of themaintainers.ru.
- Benjamin Tseng has worked on the Simplified Chinese version of the theme (v.1.0). Download it here.
And here is some good news for Drupal users… Plainscape theme is now available for Drupal too!!! All credit to Suksit Sripitchayaphan (kong) who worked on porting this theme to drupal. Visit the Plainscape theme project on drupal.org.
My sincere apologies for not being able to properly respond to all the comments and emails the past month or so. I had a range of personal issues to deal with and that’s the reason for my ‘busyness’. I’ll be spending more time on WP stuff during the coming weeks.
Click here to download the Plainscape theme. Thanks again for all those who’ve been using my themes and plugins 🙂
The Fluid Blue WordPress theme has been updated to version 1.7.
- Added support for threaded comments and comments paging (these features work only in WP 2.7+).
- The horizontal navigation bar now displays dropdown menus for second level pages (this doesn’t work in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser). Thanks to Etienne Loutrel of http://www.gnulinux.fr/ for his help with the code.
The theme can be downloaded as usual from the theme page.
Also, Perrin Meyer has modified v1.6.1 of the theme to render LaTeX fonts and he’s also been kind enough to share his version. Anybody interested, do check it out. Here — Fluid Blue and LaTeX.
Long live Open Source Software!
Glad to announce the release of a new WordPress theme. ‘Plainscape WordPress Theme‘ as we call it, is a plain and simple theme that just works!
- Fixed width
- Two columns
- Right sidebar
- Supports comments threading (WP 2.7), comments paging (WP 2.7), gravatars, post tags, sidebar widgets
- Compatible with WordPress versions 2.5 to 2.7, and possibly with older versions
- Valid XHTML and CSS
- Simple / minimalist / plain / clean / blue / white
The theme is released for free to the public under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Download the theme from the Plainscape WordPress theme page.
PS: I have been out of touch with comments and feedback by users of my older themes and plugins. The next few days I will be spending time on my themes and plugins and be able to answer all your queries. Thanks for your patience!