“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
— Charles Darwin
Yes, with version 2.0, F2 embraces responsiveness. The theme now adapts to different screen widths and looks good on any device you view your site in.
In addition to the default blue color scheme, F2 2.0 comes with three more color schemes.
List of changes
The theme is almost completely modified. Here’s the list of changes (only the major ones):
- Color schemes
- Layout choices: there are four layouts to choose from — right sidebar, left sidebar, two sidebars, no sidebar.
- Customization using the interactive WP customizer interface
- Support for the post thumbnail feature
- Support for ‘aside’ post format
- Google Web Fonts ‘Bitter’ and ‘Gudea’
- HTML5 & CSS3
- New options (or options that have undergone a complete change): logo image, header image, sidebar width, sidebar font size, content font size, option to show only excerpts (instead of full posts) in home page, custom css.
- Removed options: header bg color, header bg image (and related options), header text color
Further updated to v2.0.1 with
- Added translation in Bulgarian and Portugese languages (thanks to Vladimir Borisov and Pedro Padron for the respective translations)
- Few other changes and fixes.
There is one word of warning for users of the older versions of the theme. When you upgrade to version 2.0, you will lose all customization, including all customization you have made using a child theme, because the markup, classnames, etc., are greatly modified. If you have too much of customization, you may want to stick with the older version. Treat F2 2.0 as an entirely new theme, albeit very similar to the older F2 in style and features.
It will be a while before F2 2.0 appears in the WordPress theme directory as the theme has to pass through a review process. The theme can be downloaded from the WordPress themes directory. The newest version can also be downloaded from GitHub.
All documentation and instructions are included with the package.