So here we go, releasing a new theme after a dry period of forty two months!
Emphaino, as I’ve named the new theme, is a responsive WordPress theme with clean design and emphasis on content. The theme sports a Pinterest like layout for blog post index pages, uses scalable icon fonts, has one widget area at the footer, supports features like custom header, custom background, post formats, etc., and upto date with the latest developments in WordPress. Customization of the theme possible through the WordPress theme customizer interface.
More information at the theme page. Downloads at the WordPress theme directory or GitHub.
Note: Please use the WordPress support forums for support related questions. You can also provide feedback by adding a review.
Quotes Collection plugin for WordPress updated to version 1.5.7.
- Code improvements (thanks to Juliette for this and this)
- Localization in Macedonian language added (thanks to Diana for the translation)
- Localization in Persian language updated (thanks Ehsan)
- FAQ updated… just adding some clarifications
- And other minor changes
The latest version of the plugin can be downloaded from the Quotes Collection page at the WP plugin directory.
The F2 WordPress theme gets an update. Long time it’s been, and this time it’s a big update. Version 2.0. The theme is completely overhauled and rewritten from scratch based on the _s theme.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
— Charles Darwin
Yes, with version 2.0, F2 embraces responsiveness. The theme now adapts to different screen widths and looks good on any device you view your site in.
In addition to the default blue color scheme, F2 2.0 comes with three more color schemes.
List of changes
The theme is almost completely modified. Here’s the list of changes (only the major ones):
- Color schemes
- Layout choices: there are four layouts to choose from — right sidebar, left sidebar, two sidebars, no sidebar.
- Customization using the interactive WP customizer interface
- Support for the post thumbnail feature
- Support for ‘aside’ post format
- Google Web Fonts ‘Bitter’ and ‘Gudea’
- HTML5 & CSS3
- New options (or options that have undergone a complete change): logo image, header image, sidebar width, sidebar font size, content font size, option to show only excerpts (instead of full posts) in home page, custom css.
- Removed options: header bg color, header bg image (and related options), header text color
Further updated to v2.0.1 with
- Added translation in Bulgarian and Portugese languages (thanks to Vladimir Borisov and Pedro Padron for the respective translations)
- Few other changes and fixes.
There is one word of warning for users of the older versions of the theme. When you upgrade to version 2.0, you will lose all customization, including all customization you have made using a child theme, because the markup, classnames, etc., are greatly modified. If you have too much of customization, you may want to stick with the older version. Treat F2 2.0 as an entirely new theme, albeit very similar to the older F2 in style and features.
It will be a while before F2 2.0 appears in the WordPress theme directory as the theme has to pass through a review process. The theme can be downloaded from the WordPress themes directory. The newest version can also be downloaded from GitHub.
All documentation and instructions are included with the package.
Flexi Pages Widget updated to version 1.6.11 with localization in Serbian, Bulgarian, Belorussian, Chinese and Irish languages, and few other minor fixes. Dowload the latest version from the Flexi Pages Widget page at WordPress plugin directory.
The Quotes Collection plugin for WordPress updated to version 1.5.6.
This update fixes a security vulnerability (pointed out by Charlie Eriksen via Secunia SVCRP). Users are strongly advised to upgrade.
Latest version of the plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress plugin directory.